Monday, November 24, 2008

Indian Idol: The Judges


My eyes are causing troubles for the last few days and it is kind of difficult for me to look at the monitor for long hours. However it is not as bothering as the "Indian Idol show" so finally I got myself together and started writing my next post. Sitting at the office cubicle and writing against "Indian Idol Show" is very risky cause most of my colleagues are very much fond of the show, and you know in our country saying something which is against the trend - is like getting yourself banned forever.

The Judges or the Puppets or the Jokers:

Whatever!! It really doesn't matter to me if I get banned, cause I am not like those kind who'd rather compromise with a situation and keep quite which is wrong for everyone instead of reacting to it.

Now comes the judges, I would rather call them a bunch of jokers at the "Indian Idol" circus. Yeah!! they are the ones turning the show into a circus, making the participants as Trapeze players and they entertains us by their acts and comments like a joker.

What is their functionality in this show except selecting candidates at the initial stage. I mean if each and every participant's fates depend on public voting then what's the point of having those judges who's got nothing to contribute. This year in the judges panel there are four people - Anu Malik, Javed Akhtar, Kailash Kher and Sonali Bendre. Obviously there is no doubt over the kind of musical knowledge Anu Malik, Javed Akhtar and Kailash Kher and their opinions do matter a lot but what's Sonali Bendre doing there, has she ever played an musical instrument or does she have any music album. Don't these TV channel guys understand that these people's opinion matters a lot when it comes to decide a candidate's fate in the contest. What if public get influenced by Sonali's (Who's not even connected to music by any means) bad remarks about a candidate and we end up loosing a very talented musician then who'll be responsible for this. I really don't support of having judges in the final rounds of the show. It really doesn't make any sense to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well its not that I don’t enjoy watching such reality shows but yes, it’s true that such shows should play a more supportive role, for the participants who use it as a platform. In my opinion, the public votes should be stopped and the judges should be given the authority to choose the best out of them. Since most of the judges are well experienced in the field of music, I think they have the capability to bring out the best from the bunch.

I still remember, I was really crazy about the 1st Indian Idol season....but now the craze has died down. I see no one getting a solid support from judges who "Promise" the participants to give them a chance in the industry.

- Soumee

Utsav said...

Well, I must appreciate the effort is being involved in this blog. Not only Indian Idol, I don't like any reality shows, because everything is being fixed before the show start. I must say that the judges and the anchors of these reality shows are very good actors and actress, because they play their role perfectly as per the scripts written by the channels, so that people should not aware about what is actually happening behind the camera.